How to Rip DVD to Your Mobile Devices
Nowadays many people still have the hobby of collecting DVDs for their good image quality. However, the disadvantages of DVD cannot be ignored. It can be easily scratched or even broken, and it’s inconvenient to take it with you when you are on the go. Then how to solve this problem? As requested by our users, we tested many DVD rippers. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum stands out for its powerful functions. It can back up your DVD with the most quality reserved.
DVD VS mobile devices: their pros and cons
DVD, as we all know, has better video image quality. Moreover, it gives the collector a strong sense of satisfaction. On the other hand, it’s inevitably space-consuming, so you may not want to carry it with you when you are not at home. That is, you cannot watch it anytime you want. Also, the disk need to be carefully dealt with in case of any scratches. Then we have a look at mobile devices. The biggest advantages of them is that if you save videos or movies in this way, easy playback on the go is achievable. But, they also have limited storage space. Therefore, there’s a need of digitize DVD and making the video not so large at the same time.
WinX DVD Ripper platinum: an easy and fast DVD ripping tool
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum deserves to be highlighted, for it achieves the balance between the video size, quality and ripping speed. Here are some excellent features of it:
- It can rip or backup DVD without any quality loss visually. Most users worry that there may be quality loss after ripping, but WinX DVD Ripper Platinum can help you solve that problem. Real 1:1 quality ratio.
- DVD video can be shrank by 80% after processing, which will save more storage space of devices.
- It can rip DVD within just few minutes. Its level-3 hardware accelerator have the processing course 47X faster than real time.
- The type of DVD will not be any problem to it. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum can deals with all kinds of DVDs, even the scratched ones.
- Extra editing functions makes it not just a DVD ripper. Users can crop the image, trim the video or add subtitles, etc. In addition, it offers advanced settings to adjust the values of DVD video like bit rate, frame rate…
- Multiple formats to choose including MP4, AVI and MOV, etc.
How to rip DVD to your mobile devices
To rip DVD is not as complicated as you think. It can be done with several clicks as long as you make use of the right DVD ripping tool. Follow the steps below to rip your DVD:
Step 1: Insert your DVD into your computer driver and launch WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
Step 2: Click “Disc” to load your DVD file.
Step 3: Choose the output format from the “Output Profile” window, and scroll down the “Output Profile Category” on the left. Then choose the device you want from the “Device Profile”.
Step 4: Hit the “RUN” button to start ripping.
There are also some advanced settings like adjusting the parameters including bit rate, frame rate and resolution, etc. Moreover, editing functions of trimming, cropping, adding subtitles and adjusting audio volumes.
DVDs gives collectors a sense of satisfaction because of their outstanding video quality. But, it’s quite easy to scratch or break the disks. At this time, you can use WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to get over the risk we mentioned above. Get started and digitize your DVD collections for mobile devices like iPhone or Android. Its balance between size, quality and speed will never let you down. Smaller video size will also save the storage space of your mobile devices for easy playback on the go.
- How can I prevent ripping errors while the DVD is being ripping?
Turning on the “Safe Mode” will make your DVD ripped safely.
- What does “Use High Quality Engine” or “Deinterlacing” do?
They are both to improve the video quality.
- What is DVD region code?
DVD region code is one of the main method to prevent piracy. The common seen DVD region codes are 1 for the US and Canada, 2 for Europe and Japan, 6 for the mainland of China.
- What is the difference between codec and format?
Codec is a way to compress video, so it determines the size of the video file size. However, the format is just the container of video, which means that it’s all about how a video is sealed or wrapped up. Therefore, changing the video format without adjustment of its codec will not make the video file size different. If you want the video size smaller, you can choose a more advanced codec with higher compression rate. For example, if the original codec of your video is H.264, then you can choose H.265.